Friday, April 8, 2011

Haarbrille...

While we are on the subject of glasses, while I was in Germany last semester I did a project for a synthetic hair company; we had to find alternative uses for synthetic hair... my end product was creating hair glasses... an alternative to a wig! Who wouldn't want to adorn their face with removable yet artistic facial hair...
I followed the production of these glasses with market testing... as in taking them on trips to Amsterdam and to parties, getting people to put them on. Initially people were grossed out, but then they couldn't get enough of them!
I was fortunate enough to also win a prize from the company with this concept as I also accompanied the product with a blog with kitch advertisements i photoshopped up and also with an interactive element where i got people to put on the glasses and I would post the pictures on the blog.
I also attempted inserting the hair in resin for the frames but it is indeed a difficult medium to work with for an amateur and that toxic smell eh...yes it was too cold outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment